Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Get in Gear

This past April I did my first Half Marathon, 13.1 miles! Last fall I made the decision to try to do the Twin Cities Marathon this upcoming October 26.2 miles! I might have lost my mind a little?? The Get in Gear race was the beginning of the road to this goal. The day was miserably cold and rainy! Despite the conditions my walking partner Kristen and I finished in 2 hours and 46 minutes. Our goal was to finish under 3 hours and we did it!

<span class=

Me, Peggy & Kristen before the race.

<span class=

Team Green as everyone called us along the course. We were so happy to have these brightly colored water proof jackets to keep us dry through the sidewise rain coming at us! They also helped us keep track of one another during the race. Kristen stopped off to use the bathroom and told me to go ahead. I was so far ahead of her by the time she got out, she had a hard time catching up with me. Thanks to the jackets we had each other in our sights. Kristen and I have been training together for the past 6 months and I have enjoyed every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment